Standlee PREMIUM BEET PULP SHREDS (25 lb)
Premium Beet Pulp Shreds are formed from dried sugar beet pulp. Beet Pulp is the pulp that remains after sugar has been removed from the sugar beet. A high calorie, low protein, low sugar fiber source for horses.
Horses that are underweight, performance horses, senior horses, horses that are sensitive to carbohydrates and pregnant and lactating mares
- Gradually introduce beet pulp into the diet during a 7-10 day period.
- Beet Pulp is a dehydrated product and is recommended to be soaked (completely submerged) in water for a minimum of 15 to 30 minutes prior to feeding, or until properly softened.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested beet pulp to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
- Beet pulp should not be used as the sole source of nutrition, additional forages (i.e. hay cubes, pellets, chopped hay, and baled hay) must be fed to reach a total daily forage intake of 1.5 to 2.5% of body weight.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage, or consult with your veterinarian.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- High calorie
- Tend to soak water faster than pellets
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
Beet pulp (dried), Concentrated Separator By-Product
Concentrated Separator By-Product or CSB is a secondary molasses produced during the separation of sugar from normal sugar beet molasses.
We Also Recommend
Santa Ynez Shavings Company Premium Pine Animal Bedding (11 cu.ft)